Monday, November 8, 2010 | By: Brer Rabbit

{BRD smocking plates}

Brer Rabbit is back in the briar patch this week working verrrry hard at writing instructions to a new and verrrry special pattern that is soon to be released. You can see sneak peeks at the newest pattern on Brer Rabbit's Facebook page! In his spare time tho, he's been working to graph up some smocking plates that are slowly getting posted at Brer Rabbit Designs. Three pdf smocking plates are now available for purchase, with more being added every few days. All upcoming pdf smocking plates are listed by name, and as soon as graphing is complete, pictures will be added.
I thought I would tell you a little about the story behind the design of my newest smocking plate, "Bliss".
Several years ago, I took some SAGA (Smocking Arts Guild of America) correspondence courses to gain Artisan points. Evelyn Phillips was one of the teachers that I took I think all of her classes! For this particular class, she asked me to design something using the stitches and techniques she taught in the correspondence class. I came up with this bonnet, which she loved. 
She encouraged me to graph this smocking plate and submit it to SagaNews, which I had planned to do, but never got around to doing. Last week, I decided it was time to graph my design.




I hope you like "Bliss" and watch for more pdf smocking plates to be available soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment