Thursday, September 16, 2010 | By: Brer Rabbit

{Brer Rabbit goes to market}

I had the awesome opportunity of going to the Birmingham Creative Needlework Market with my friend Sara Norris on Monday. What could be more fun than going to a sewing market with a friend who shares the same passion for sewing as yourself? We met some wonderful designers who were so helpful in sharing their expertise with us - they have no idea how much we appreciate the tips they were willing to share, as well as their friendships! Here's a slideshow of a small sampling of a few of the booths at market. 
video
Both Sara and I walked away from market with all kinds of ideas rolling in our heads! We both have a love for the classics, but can see that the market is following the latest trends. Following the trends is very important and I believe that you can follow a trend, but also appeal to those who still love the classic of traditional children's wear. I am excited about the door of opportunity that has opened before me this week. I have some amazing news to share in the very near future, but until then, Brer Rabbit has some work to do. He is going to be putting some of the ideas he has in his head and work very hard in the Briar Patch so that he can show you what he's up to!


7 comments:

Sara said...

great video pictorial!!!!!

Brer Rabbit said...

Thanks Sara! ...and thanks for taking me along with you!!!

Sewbusymor said...

Wish I could have gotten there...just no time with SAGA on my mind. Can't wait to see your updated creations!! We need more designers like you!! Karin

Kimberlee said...

Lots of inspiration there.

Laurie said...

What can that daing wabbit be up to this time?!?

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Sounds and looks like you all had a great time!

Blessings & Aloha!

Rettabug said...

You got to go shopping with SARA????!!!!! I'm SEW jealous!!! I can tell you both had a great time. What a great combo you two make!

I look forward to seeing what your creative brain has come up with. Fresh & yet timeless, too.

Post a Comment